- This event has passed.
Taking trips into the outdoors is a strong tradition at CRMS. CRMS trips provide a unique opportunity for students to build on the skills they are learning in the sports program, as well as time to deepen their relationships with faculty members and their friendships with peers. Fall Trip takes place for five days in early October in the nearby mountains, deserts, and rivers. This trip provides not only an outdoor classroom but also an opportunity for the transference of leadership, exploration, and camaraderie back into the academic setting.
There are several important goals of the CRMS trip program, including:
- Emphasizing skills and ethics designed to minimize the impact on and maximize student appreciation for the natural world
- Teaching competency with outdoor skills, mastery of camp craft, ability to care for oneself and others in wilderness settings, and technical skills associated with varying trip disciplines
- Reinforcing the enduring value of teamwork and service to others
- Offering unique opportunities for participants to learn about the natural and/or human history of the locations visited
- Inspiring students to develop the skills and passion for lifelong engagement with the natural world