Colorado Rocky Mountain School cultivates a learning environment in which students discover their potential to excel as individuals, contribute to their communities, and thoughtfully participate in the world we share.
The faculty and staff at Colorado Rocky Mountain School believe that student success is inevitable when there is a willingness to persist toward developing oneself in intellect and character, and this willingness is nurtured through authentic care, individualized attention, provocative teaching, and genuine opportunities to participate and actively learn.
CRMS graduates will be prepared to attend and succeed in the college or university of their choice and will have had the experiences and inspiration to demonstrate the skills necessary to:
- think critically, creatively, and problem solve;
- assess, analyze, and synthesize information;
- communicate effectively;
- morally and ethically guide and care for oneself and others.
The CRMS program will provide our students with the foundation and capacity to experience a lifetime of growth, learning, and fulfillment by:
- valuing the risk and courage involved in caring for something greater than oneself;
- believing in the worth of intellectual and physical labor;
- remaining engaged in projects until their completion;
- combating prejudices and striving for a world outlook and global awareness;
- welcoming the roles and responsibilities of adulthood;
- being a committed and educated citizen.