From the CRMS Kitchen: Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Looking for something warm and comforting on a cold winter day? Why not make a CRMS favorite… Roasted Cauliflower Soup.
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- Toss cauliflower with curry, garlic, cumin & paprika, and a little olive oil.
- Roast in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes until slightly brown but still firm.
- In a soup pot: Sauté onion, garlic & carrots for 2-3 minutes in a little olive oil.
- Chop roasted cauliflower in small pieces to resemble rice (or pulse in a blender)
- Add cauliflower, coconut milk & chili flakes to the pot.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender
- Serve with crumbled kale chips.